Boating and Fishing in Sarasota Venice
Boating & Fishing
If you own a boat you will need a place to keep it. Most Deed Restricted communities will not allow you to keep it in your driveway or yard, so you will either need to look in a Non-Deed Restricted community, or ideally at your own dock in your back yard! The communities listed below might be appropriate. Note: ICW is short for Intracoastal Waterway.
- Siesta Key- ICW & canal properties with boat access & dockage.
- Philippi Creek- A variety of properties offering boat access to the ICW & dockage.
- South Sarasota- A mix of properties with access to the ICW.
- Southbay- A Deed Restricted community with it's own community marina with access to the ICW, a yacht club, tennis.
- Sorrento Shores- Community in Osprey & Nokomis with canal & ICW properties as well as a community marina.
- Casey Key- Gulf front & ICW properties with boat dockage & ICW access.
- Nokomis Shackett Creek Area- More affordable properties with ICW or Creek/Canal access. Communities include Baypoint, Sorrento Woods, Laurel Landings, and Nokomis along Shackett Creek, not far from Gulf access via Venice Inlet.
- Venice Island- Properties offering access to ICW and Gulf via Venice Inlet.
- South Venice- A variety of more affordable properties with access to ICW.
- Manasota Key- Gulf front & ICW front properties with access to ICW.
- Englewood- A mixture of properties along the ICW & Lemon Bay with Gulf access via Stump Pass.